Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
23:28 10.11.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Yes. It was my fault, I didn't complete previous treatment. I was so busy I just forgot to do it. In the end I got my tooth extracted because of it. Now I'm going to have an Implant. No, I don't smoke. My other teeth are healthy and dentists usually make me compliments about them
quoted1

That's great. Because smoking is the worst thing you can do and implants don't take off properly if one is a smoker, that is what they say here. Cause smoking prevents a healthy blood flow to your gums, etc. It is also very important to floss daily, etc. — to keep one's teeth healthy. But yeah — with teeth — you can forget sometimes that there is something wrong and needs attention — well, unless it hurts like a mother f ucker of course.
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
23:42 10.11.2018
Petr Gumennik won another competition in a row (Cup of Russia stage 4).
He replaced some of his tripples with a quad salchow, that gives him a lot of points, replaced his extremely risky combination 3A-3lo with 3A-2t-2lo, almost the same points but he lost some wow factor on that.
He also made some adjustments here and there.
His updated versions of short and free programs

gtg now, have a nice evening

P.S. I have replayced vidoes of Peter's and Alena's programs with better quality videos.








Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
12:12 11.11.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> P.S. I have replayced vidoes of Peter's and Alena's programs with better quality videos.
quoted1
Russian talent rocks



By the way, talking of the Queen , right now a movie is out in all the cinemas here in the UK — Bohemian Rapsody — about the Queen. I am gonna go and watch it with my workmates next week after work one of the days. Here is the trailer

Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
20:42 11.11.2018
Grin (25771),

The private school event was great actually, I put out some pics here

https://www.politforums.net/groups/1411326491_18...

Hope your tooth is healing and is not hurting all that much.)
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
15:33 12.11.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> You got your tooth taken out (extracted), that's what you meant to say obviously («I deleted my tooth») — you are going to have an implant? I have been quite lucky with my teeth so far (all are mine, no implants, but I have four veneers, that was cosmetic — my choice, and I have a porcelain covered platinum bridge — that cost me £2,700 quid a few years ago, other than that — my teeth haven't really caused me much bother — touch wood). Do you smoke if you don't mind me asking?
quoted2
>Yes. It was my fault, I didn't complete previous treatment. I was so busy I just forgot to do it. In the end I got my tooth extracted because of it.
> Now I'm going to have an Implant.
> No, I don't smoke. My other teeth are healthy and dentists usually make me compliments about them
quoted1
By the way, re «I got my tooth extracted», other ways of saying it are «I had my tooth pulled» or colloquially you would just say «I had my tooth out» (I had to have my tooth out cause I didn’t have time to finish my dental treatment).
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
09:56 13.11.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> By the way, re «I got my tooth extracted», other ways of saying it are «I had my tooth pulled» or colloquially you would just say «I had my tooth out» (I had to have my tooth out cause I didn’t have time to finish my dental treatment).
quoted1
Thanks.

Unfortunately my vacation is over. I don't have much spare time now, but I'll try my best to visit this thread regularly.

See you later
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
10:08 13.11.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

> Unfortunately my vacation is over. I don't have much spare time now, but I'll try my best to visit this thread regularly.
>
> See you later
quoted1

You are welcome. You don't have to visit this thread if you don't want to or have no time for it. Don't worry on my behalf, I am cool either way.
Take care and good luck, all the best.
Link Complain Quote  
  Oleksa Єromіn
WILDTRACER


Messages: 12304
22:57 13.11.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I guess my trouble is I work in a male environment where a lot of strong expressions are used, which don't mean anything bad really.
quoted1
I just don't live in English speaking community, especially among such an original part of London society. Among people I am acquainted with there are a lot of Russian expression that they use just like any other, but for you they would sound offencive. I think, you can guess of which words they consist.
> Once that «shyness» barrier is gone, then there is nothing stopping you. But it does take practice for it to go. At first the English will understand that it is not your native language of course. With time — all that goes. But they like other people speaking with foreign accents just like you would find it exotic and nice if an Englishman was to try and speak Russian.
quoted1
The problem is that I can do practice here only. Because of lack of time, lack of my university English teacher's time (we have only one English lesson per week just for consultations about our semester works).

And I cannot travel a lot. I am wondering if I can travel to Berlin this summer (if you don't mind, ask me about it at the end of summer so I won't give up my preparations) and that's because I heard that it is enough cheap for Western Europe country. But in England as I know everything is expensive, especially in London, and in the US it will be even more expensive because of flights. I think you can conceive Ukrainian living standards after that huge and painful crisis.

So, I just can't speak with foreigners a lot. But since I have webcam and microphone I hope to find someone to speak online.
> But all these mistakes will be negligible really for any English person when it comes to communication. They won't even point out your mistakes to you, as they are far too polite. And all these mistakes go quickly — with practice.
quoted1
That is giving some hope. But if I met someone who wants to learn Russian/Ukrainian, I would have pointed him to his mistakes as much as possible. In some cases this politeness can just make all worse.

Sometimes I draw in public transport and people smile to me and some tells me that drawings are cool, nice, pretty etc. But even I, not a professional artist, see a lot of fundamental mistakes in them or suppose that they are there. It just makes one less perceivable for critic.
Link Complain Quote  
  Oleksa Єromіn
WILDTRACER


Messages: 12304
23:04 13.11.2018
Redhead (Expat), please tell, have you studied in Western universities? Or your children, friend, husband, who else… I just wanted to know what is made your student life of. Recently I've been at event that promoted students' self managing (I don't know how to say 'самоуправление') and thought, that, really, my student years must be my best and they must not consist of studying only. Our faculty is not very big in comparison with others (faculty of physics, mathematics and IT, I am studying at former physics faculty) and haven't been very active all that time. I want to change something, but I just can't conceive what can I do. I don't know, make it all funnier, less serious, more interesting… What can you say about that?
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
00:04 14.11.2018
Oleksa Єromіn (WILDTRACER) wrote in reply to post:
> I just don't live in English speaking community, especially among such an original part of London society.
quoted1

There is nothing original about the City workers «society», it is just London. They can speak a very posh language, especially with customers, but amongst each other we relax and play with language you know — do the opposite — to unwind, it is hard to explain. I work in the front office environment and one uses a lot of effort with one's language when talking to customers, selling them investments, etc. Cockney and East End accents in general have a therapeutic effect if you like — it is hard to explain, so I am not even gonna bother, there isn't much point anyway.
Oleksa Єromіn (WILDTRACER) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

> And I cannot travel a lot. I am wondering if I can travel to Berlin this summer (if you don't mind, ask me about it at the end of summer so I won't give up my preparations) and that's because I heard that it is enough cheap for Western Europe country. But in England as I know everything is expensive, especially in London, and in the US it will be even more expensive because of flights. I think you can conceive Ukrainian living standards after that huge and painful crisis.
>
> So, I just can't speak with foreigners a lot. But since I have webcam and microphone I hope to find someone to speak online.
quoted1

I will try and help as much as I can, but I also don't have that much time to be honest. London is very expensive, at the moment — perhaps a bit cheaper than usual for tourists cause the sterling buys less Euros (cause of Brexit and that). Berlin is much cheaper compared to London, Paris is cheaper, Rome is cheaper — regardless of the rate. Switzerland is quite pricey, but worth it. We probably will go on a short break there for Easter, I don't know yet. It depends on how it is gonna work out with kids' school holidays next year (they are at different schools at the moment and private school holidays differ from those in the state school system, and at the moment we are applying for private school places for my youngest two, so we just don't know what's gonna happen come January next year). I try to visit the forum, but to be honest — I will probably do it much less in the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, as it is gonna be a very busy time here — both at work and at kids' schools — lots of events, etc.
Oleksa Єromіn (WILDTRACER) wrote in reply to post:
> That is giving some hope. But if I met someone who wants to learn Russian/Ukrainian, I would have pointed him to his mistakes as much as possible. In some cases this politeness can just make all worse.
quoted1
>

Well, it is just my learning experience was a bit different. I was learning English «on the go», and amongst the English who spoke and expressed themselves much better than me and if they pointed out to my every mistake at the time, I would have probably died of depression. They did the right thing with my learning by nudging me ever so slightly in the right direction without putting me down. And I am very grateful to them for that. Looking back on it now — they did the right thing and gave me a lot of confidence in myself when I needed it most.
Oleksa Єromіn (WILDTRACER) wrote in reply to post:
> please tell, have you studied in Western universities? Or your children, friend, husband, who else… I just wanted to know what is made your student life of. Recently I've been at event that promoted students' self managing (I don't know how to say 'самоуправление') and thought, that, really, my student years must be my best and they must not consist of studying only. Our faculty is not very big in comparison with others (faculty of physics, mathematics and IT, I am studying at former physics faculty) and haven't been very active all that time. I want to change something, but I just can't conceive what can I do. I don't know, make it all funnier, less serious, more interesting… What can you say about that?
quoted1

My kids are still very young (just turned 12,10 and 8), but everyone I know studied at some Uni here and well, there is a lot to a student's life here. My husband has 2 degrees — one in Molecular Biology, the second degree is MBA in Finance. Every student's experience is different — depends on where you come from, how much money you have, etc., But people still make friends across the classes whilst at the University and well, I don't know really what you mean re facilities — the facilities are great here, but now it is expensive here as well — the University education. £9,000 per year for tuition fees alone. And I am not talking Oxbridge, just any poxy Uni. (poxy — slang
/ˈpɒksi
adjectiveINFORMAL•BRITISH
of poor quality; worthless.)

I gotta go now, I will try and help you as much as I can, but if I am not around, I am just too busy and it can't be helped. You will be fine, don't worry.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
08:58 14.11.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> You don't have to visit this thread if you don't want to or have no time for it. Don't worry on my behalf, I am cool either way.
> Take care and good luck, all the best.
quoted1

I find this thread interesting and useful. And I find our conversation very nice. I'm not going to quit that easily

Btw, there are some news on Brexit
Brexit: UK and EU 'agree text' of draft withdrawal agreement
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46188790

Is it a breakthrough or just another bla-bla from your officials?
Link Complain Quote  
  Oleksa Єromіn
WILDTRACER


Messages: 12304
15:42 14.11.2018
Redhead (Expat), I am very grateful that yo are giving me these advices and share experience with me! It's great to talk with people from country so different against mine.

But if I am taking your precious time, I won't bother you much. In the end, you have less time than me by definition.

I wish you to have nice time during your Xmas holidays!
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:13 14.11.2018
Oleksa Єromіn (WILDTRACER) wrote in reply to post:
> I am very grateful that yo are giving me these advices and share experience with me! It's great to talk with people from country so different against mine.
quoted1

It is lovely to talk to you as well, the countries we live in are indeed quite different, so it's a breath of fresh air. It's quite cool.
Oleksa Єromіn (WILDTRACER) wrote in reply to post:
> But if I am taking your precious time, I won't bother you much. In the end, you have less time than me by definition.
>
quoted1

I am not trying to make you feel bad as regards taking my time, It is just that I am the kind of person who hates letting people down and when I wrote it to you that I would try and help you with English as much as I can — I meant it, but warned you that there might be periods when I genuinely won't have time to even get a look into the forum. When and if that happens, I don't wanna feel guilty that I promised something to someone and didn't do it. So I decided to give myself a bit of leeway upfront, if you like.

In case you don't know what «leeway» means.

leeway

1.
the amount of freedom to move or act that is available.
«the government had greater leeway to introduce reforms»
synonyms: freedom, scope, room to manoeuvre, latitude, elbow room, slack, space, room, liberty, room to spare, room to operate, scope for initiative, freedom of action, freedom from restriction, a free hand, flexibility, independence, licence, self-determination, free rein, free play, unrestrictedness, indulgence, margin, play, give, laxity, leisure; More
2.
the sideways drift of a ship to leeward of the desired course.
«the leeway is only about 2°»
Oleksa Єromіn (WILDTRACER) wrote in reply to post:
> I wish you to have nice time during your Xmas holidays!
quoted1

It's a bit too early for that but thank you nonetheless. On the way to the train station today I noticed a very cute decoration in the window of our biscuit boutique shop The shop basically sells hand decorated biscuits and also kids go there and ice (with icing sugar) biscuits, making different designs and stuff — it is a lot of fun. The biscuit decoration design in the window was dedicated to the Nutcracker ballet. Makes a difference from your usual Christmas trees and bobbles. The Nutcracker ballet is very Christmassy. Tchaikovskyi wrote it for kids in Russia for Christmas Celebrations, he meant it as a children's ballet only when he wrote it, but it turned out to be mega popular with all the adults around the world as well. I snapped a couple of pics and will insert them in a mo.







Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:30 14.11.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I find this thread interesting and useful. And I find our conversation very nice. I'm not going to quit that easily
>
quoted1

Thank you, you misunderstood me I think. I was not trying to get you to quit your own thread (that would have been ultra rude), it is just recently almost your every other post is about apologizing and apologizing yet again as to why you have no time to post here, etc and not much more meaningful content other than that. I just got the impression that you wanted to quit it yourself but didn't know how to do it, so I was just being helpful. If one doesn't have time — one doesn't have time, it is not something you have to keep apologizing over. Don't get me wrong — it turned out to be a lovely thread, very nice and pleasant, but if it is no longer — it is not a big deal either, one will survive . I was just trying to be helpful and courteous.
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

> https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46188790
>
> Is it a breakthrough or just another bla-bla from your officials?
quoted1

No, it is not just bla bla bla. May did secure a deal with Brussels which keeps the UK half in half out of the EU — a limbo situation. I mean — it must be general knowledge by now not only in the UK, but elsewhere in the world as well — that she wanted to secure something as close to the status quo — against which the British voted - as possible. At the moment - literally - just as I am writing this- she is trying to «sell» the deal to the Cabinet. The Cabinet meeting has been going on for something like 10 hours now, no result yet and they said there wouldn't be any press conference today (well, tonight). Labour is gonna vote against, DUP also said they would vote against. Unless she sells the deal to the Cabinet and the majority of her Party - there is no chance in hell it will go through Parliament. But at the same time — there is nothing else on the table and in the short term — Hard Brexit is bad for the country. It is like a dog's dinner really, but there is nothing else on the menu. It is certainly not delivering the kind of Brexit people voted for. It is all a bit of a mess.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
09:20 15.11.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Thank you, you misunderstood me I think.
quoted1
I was kidding ^^. As we say it
«Если не хочешь что-то делать, то найдешь причину, а если хочешь, то найдешь возможность».
I'm definitely looking for possibilities now. It's not only about this thread. I may change my job in 1−2 months. But it isn't set in stone yet.

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> It is all a bit of a mess.
quoted1
It is. It could be funny but millions of people can feel the consequences of it. I hope in the end they will work out smth better than "dog's dinner" for their citizens.
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2. That's great. Because smoking is the worst thing you can do and implants don't take off ...
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version