Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
20:45 29.07.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
>
quoted1
Unfortunately, it was bucketing down with rain here, there were thunderstorms, etc. So we didn't manage to see anything in the end. We were hoping the skies would clear up after the first thunderstorm, but then the second one followed. But the good news is, or should I say — the great news is the hellish heatwave is well and truly over. It is the normal 24C today. Phew.
I don't know why they say Britain would be the best place to view the Blood Moon Eclipse, maybe somewhere up in the Scottish Highland, but certainly not in London that night.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
20:47 29.07.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Alina Zagitova performing her new SP to Phantom of the Opera at Japanese show recently (there is no video yet) She looks lovely. But you can see it with a naked eye this choreo is new to her. Alina will definitely improve it in next two months
quoted1

I wish her all the success. But her movements — sliding on the ice and waving her arms — don't do anything for me to be honest. I am just a complete dummy in figure skating — probably that's why. I bet she won something in that tournament. Go, Alina!
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
08:33 30.07.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> looking like a moody teenager (he is only 11 but has been acting. like a teenager since he was born — thinking he is a «hard man» — must be a Russian in him) I will delete the pics later
quoted1
Nice pics. You have beautiful son)
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
08:39 30.07.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>> Alina Zagitova performing her new SP to Phantom of the Opera at Japanese show recently (there is no video yet) She looks lovely. But you can see it with a naked eye this choreo is new to her. Alina will definitely improve it in next two months
quoted2
>
> I wish her all the success. But her movements — sliding on the ice and waving her arms — don't do anything for me to be honest. I am just a complete dummy in figure skating — probably that's why. I bet she won something in that tournament. Go, Alina!
quoted1
No, you are right in this case. This choreo is new to her, so it looks rough. And yes, her strong side is her stamina and jump technique. That's how she beats her rivals. But she is 16, she is ok for her age in terms of artistry/musicalty. Her coach usually maximize difficulty of her programs: difficult jumps, very difficult spins (with difficult entries), her turns and steps are also difficult. She can't do them effortlessly though (like Evgenia does).

P.S. It wasn't a tournament, season starts at late August. It was just a show. A good opportunity to present new programs to the general public to gain some feedback.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
08:41 30.07.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>> It's great. Many of my friends were watching it too live.
>>
quoted2
>
>>
>>
>>
quoted2
>Unfortunately, it was bucketing down with rain here, there were thunderstorms, etc. So we didn't manage to see anything in the end. We were hoping the skies would clear up after the first thunderstorm, but then the second one followed. But the good news is, or should I say — the great news is the hellish heatwave is well and truly over. It is the normal 24C today. Phew.
> I don't know why they say Britain would be the best place to view the Blood Moon Eclipse, maybe somewhere up in the Scottish Highland, but certainly not in London that night.
quoted1
Actually, from all my friends who watched it, only my friend from Surgut had a good view)
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
08:45 30.07.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I haven't really been following the story with Assange.
quoted1
I feel for him, for me he isn't a criminal at all. I think people has right to know. It is sad that we learn stuff like that from wikileaks, not from media.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
08:54 30.07.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I disagree with you that it is bullshit. A very intense physical training at a very young age in sports like gymnastics, figure skating — does prevent girls from growing tall.
quoted1
I agree that intense training prevents from growing tall. My point was some people say Eteri girls have intense training because she wants them to be short. But her goal is to win, that's why her girls train like that.

For example, usually, if a skater makes a mistake during his program, he repeats that element and continues the routine. In Eteri school, if you make a mistake you'll have to start you routine from the very beginning. They also do more difficult routines during trainings, so at competitions they do easier versions of their training routines. It helps them to be more confident in themselves.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
08:56 30.07.2018
Do you watch/read Game of Thrones?
I like this cover of The Rains of Castamere by Jonathan Young



gtg now, have a nice day
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:18 30.07.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> looking like a moody teenager (he is only 11 but has been acting. like a teenager since he was born — thinking he is a «hard man» — must be a Russian in him) I will delete the pics later
quoted2
>Nice pics. You have beautiful son)
quoted1

Thanks. I love my kids, they are my biggest achievement in my life by far.
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:21 30.07.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> No, you are right in this case. This choreo is new to her, so it looks rough. And yes, her strong side is her stamina and jump technique. That's how she beats her rivals. But she is 16, she is ok for her age in terms of artistry/musicalty. Her coach usually maximize difficulty of her programs: difficult jumps, very difficult spins (with difficult entries), her turns and steps are also difficult. She can't do them effortlessly though (like Evgenia does).
>
> P.S. It wasn't a tournament, season starts at late August. It was just a show. A good opportunity to present new programs to the general public to gain some feedback.
quoted1
>

I wish her every success. She is a hero. Those girls are all heros. At 16 — such dedication, such hard work, etc. It is beautiful for us to watch, they make it look like it is easy, but it isn't of course.
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:26 30.07.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> I disagree with you that it is bullshit. A very intense physical training at a very young age in sports like gymnastics, figure skating — does prevent girls from growing tall.
quoted2
>I agree that intense training prevents from growing tall. My point was some people say Eteri girls have intense training because she wants them to be short. But her goal is to win, that's why her girls train like that.
>
> For example, usually, if a skater makes a mistake during his program, he repeats that element and continues the routine. In Eteri school, if you make a mistake you'll have to start you routine from the very beginning. They also do more difficult routines during trainings, so at competitions they do easier versions of their training routines. It helps them to be more confident in themselves.
quoted1

I understand what you were trying to say. That is why I said it to you that it does not depend on a coach. It is just the nature of professional sports. Professional sports are not designed to be good for your body, period — not in the long run. Professional sport is one big sacrifice. Period. That is why professional athletes earn so much money. They deserve it. Any coach of course aims for success and it is not their fault. Like with anything in life — one makes a choice. With kids — the only thing is — they don't fully make their own choice, their parents push them into things sometimes, etc.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:28 30.07.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Do you watch/read Game of Thrones?
> I like this cover of The Rains of Castamere by Jonathan Young
quoted1

I am not into the Game of Thrones, I watched the first series a little, then didn't have time.
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> gtg now, have a nice day
>
quoted1
Have a nice day too. I will probably get banned for a few days, there is some fighting going on in the Convention group that I have been taking part in, I will see you when I see you.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:35 30.07.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I feel for him, for me he isn't a criminal at all.
quoted1

He is what people call here a whistle blower. Sometimes with whistle blowers on that level the trouble is they breach the national security of some country, etc. etc. It is not a black and white matter of course. I feel sorry for him too in a way.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
21:42 30.07.2018
Grin (25771),

I didn't get banned in the end. Had a great day at work today.

By the way — just looked through the headings of the threads on the forum. Tons of negativity about Russia. But — trust me, it is only hard for Russians to read stuff like this if they are swimming in Putin's propaganda. In the West — the press is always negative about everything, we are used to it here.

I will post an article here from Inopress, According to you — how true is it about today's Russia?

25 июля 2018 г.
Мари Мендра | The Guardian
Путинская Россия — скрипучий корабль. Не верьте пропаганде

«Этим летом чемпионат мира по футболу создал иллюзию, что Россия — страна с эффективным госуправлением и с населением, которое довольно жизнью», — пишет в статье для The Guardian Мари Мендра, профессор Парижской школы международных отношений (Sciences Po) и научный сотрудник Французского национального центра научных исследований (CNRS). «Но теперь, когда помпезное спортивное зрелище закончилось, россияне вернулись к серой реальности повседневной жизни и огромному дефициту перспектив. А идея, что страна сплотилась вокруг Владимира Путина, — выдумка», — продолжает автор.

У иностранных наблюдателей есть соблазн позаимствовать черно-белый взгляд на Россию: «лидер господствует, и им восхищаются, а те, кто в нем сомневается, — исключение».

Автор возражает: «На деле существуют три России. Первая — путинская Россия, которая зиждется на олигархической властной структуре и ее гигантской машине пропаганды. Вторая — Россия простых людей, многогранная, но с общими проблемами. Третья — Россия элиты высокопрофессиональных специалистов и верхней части среднего класса, которые выиграли от экономического бума 2000-х годов и которым теперь есть что терять».

Мендра подчеркивает, что важно отличать российскую «правящую группу» от тех элит и верхней части среднего класса, которые далеки от власти. Многие из представителей второй группы «чувствуют себя бессильными, но остаются верны режиму. Однако за последние 10 лет многие высокопрофессиональные специалисты собрали чемоданы и покинули Россию», — пишет автор, отмечая, что многие из этих людей надеются вернуться и повлиять на жизнь России в постпутинский период.

«За завесой своей напыщенности Путин боится комбинированной мобилизации народа и элиты сразу. Жалобы народных масс могут стать опасными, если интеллектуалы, журналисты и оппозиционные политики послужат для них усилителем. Исключительная популярность Навального и его антикоррупционного фонда демонстрирует, что формируется новая политика», — говорится в статье.

«В конечном итоге может оказаться, что одного лишь стремления к глобальной мощи недостаточно, чтобы сплотить вокруг сильного правителя раздробленное общество и его различные элиты, — рассуждает профессор. — Россияне ожидают более качественной защиты от снижения уровня жизни, и многие подозревают, что цель пенсионной реформы — перенаправить еще больше денег на военные расходы и личное обогащение. Режим пытается отвлечь внимание от спада в отечественной экономике, провоцируя конфронтации с Западом, но это дорого, непродуктивно и не очень популярно. Однако Путин останется верен этому курсу вместо того, чтобы пойти на риск либерализации и подотчетности обществу».

«Российское руководство, встревоженные элиты и пессимистичное общество находятся в состоянии нестабильного равновесия. Все три России начинают отчетливее осознавать, насколько ненадежно положение. Они внимательно наблюдают друг за другом. Путинизм как формула стабильности отжил свой век», — заключает автор.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
21:59 30.07.2018
Peter Mandelson published an article in the Telegraph today slamming the Brexiteers.

Lord Mandelson: Brexiteers are nationalists who hate foreigners, not patriots like me

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/30/...

I hate Mandelson — he was behind the New Labour (and Tony Blair). The guy is corrupt as f, his nickname here was widely (in the press, etc.) - "Mandy - the Prince of Darkness".
I met a client today at work, who is involved in politics at a high level here (I won't say anymore as bound by confidentiality and Data Protection Act) and I asked him a few questions. He reckons Brexit will go ahead, there won't be a second referendum, etc. At the moment — the clock is ticking and it is all about «who blinks first». But eventually — the solution will be found. Even if we end up with no deal and all the chaos ensues in March 2019 as a result (chaos with shipments, tariffs, people at the border, exports and imports, etc.) — sooner or later both sides will get it settled. He reckons that the City will be just dandy (I don't know — I think he is being overly optimistic, we are all a bit down here at the moment re Brexit). I asked him re the likelihood of any other country leaving the EU. He said no one else will — Germany has it nice and the others can't afford to. The UK is the only country that can actually afford to leave. The next couple of years will be tough, but we will be flying thereafter. When he left the office and I shared all this with the guys (my workmates), they said «I wonder what is he on. Definitely want some of it.» (what is he on — what they mean is what drugs he is taking — it is a joke).
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2. Unfortunately, it was bucketing down with rain here, there were thunderstorms, etc. So we ...
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version