Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
21:21 17.06.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>>> «Why do patriots who post Anglophobic threads have the English famous actors and actresses on their avatars», they then removed those avatars and after — they removed themselves from this forum as well.
quoted3
>>Oh, that was a good trolling from your side. Good job
quoted2
>
> It wasn't trolling, I genuinely found it a bit befuddling — how can some people slag off the culture of the people they draw so much from? I mean — one might be jealous of the English, consider them arrogant and all that (for no reason, mind), but they don't slag them off quite like some Russians here do — anywhere in the world, and I have been and lived around the world. It must be their propaganda or lack of their own culture or just pure jealousy.
quoted1
May be you wasn't intend to troll them. But you did it. And you did it well, believe me. And the fact that they removed those avatars is another proof that your trolling was successful.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
21:26 17.06.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> How do you mean? Of course a baby lion will have a different personality from an adult lion. Just like us — kids differ from adults, kids are innocent, helpless, they rely on their parents. When puberty comes, they start to lose that innocence and try to establish themselves as grown ups, etc.
quoted1
Of course they change. But I don't agree that they loose their personalities. That guy from Discovery was like — look, this little lioness is very shy, that one is playful etc… but they have personalities only when they are cubs. At least I got his point like that.
As for me adult lions can have different characters too. They aren't playful like cubs, but one can be more friendly for example.

P.S. I find grown tigers more cute too. But adult lions can also be very impressive. Especially if one of them roars near you all of a sudden
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
21:36 17.06.2019
I got to go now. Have a nice evening
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17047
21:36 17.06.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
>
quoted1
Thanks, but the word «trolling» has a negative connotation, I don't really want to be a troll. I have always tried to be myself on this forum and very honest and direct, otherwise I wouldn't have been here for as long as I have. And I like the fact that this is a small forum, I don't like Facebook or Instagram precisely because they are huge. Once my ex husband found me on Facebook and started hassling me on the net, and I hardly post anything there now.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17047
21:40 17.06.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I got to go now. Have a nice evening
quoted1

I am deleting my pic, as don't want it to hang around here for too long. Have a nice evening as well. We are about to start a barbecue in the garden — it is only 19:40 here, it is nice and easy to have a barbecue for supper — well, when it isn't raining that is. But I hope to be in bed by 9 pm — waking up at 5 am again in the morning to run.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17047
20:38 18.06.2019
Grin (25771),

I know a great riddle, which is a test whether a person can think «out of the box», freely. I suspect that you can't do that very well. But if I give you this riddle, I am not quite sure you won't look up the answer or google it. Can you promise you won't cheat and look up the answer if I give it to you to solve?
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17047
20:47 18.06.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Of course they change. But I don't agree that they loose their personalities. That guy from Discovery was like — look, this little lioness is very shy, that one is playful etc… but they have personalities only when they are cubs. At least I got his point like that. As for me adult lions can have different characters too. They aren't playful like cubs, but one can be more friendly for example. P. S. I find grown tigers more cute too. But adult lions can also be very impressive. Especially if one of them roars near you all of a sudden
quoted1

Tiger v Lion — I found this piece of info today on the subject, well — my little one found it, he told me that tigers are much stronger than lions and if there was a fight, they would win hands down, I said «No way», he said «Yeah, way» and yeah, he was right.

Lion vs Tiger: Which Would Win In A Fight?

In a tiger vs lion fight, it’s likely that a tiger would win. Taking into account a number of factors, including tiger vs lion size, bite force, brain size and behavioral characteristics, this seems logical.
When it comes to animals of the wild, lions and tigers are some of the most popular and fierce beasts out there. Lions, in addition to being powerful mythical characters, are animals that almost all beasts of the wild respect, thus earning lions the title ‘King of the Jungle.' Tigers, on the other hand, are known for their strength and their reputation as a lethal killer of the jungle.

However, what happens when these two deadly beasts are pitted against each other?

An Ancient Rivalry

This battle between the two most dangerous animals of the wild is something that has piqued the interest of hunters, naturalists, poets and scientists for centuries. Even today, their might is celebrated in popular culture and there have been numerous movies and shows where lions are portrayed as the ‘mightiest' of all the animals in the wild. There seems to be a collective agreement that if a lion and tiger were to fight, the lion would be more likely to emerge on top, but in fact, the reality is something entirely different.
In Ancient Rome, lions and tigers were often pitted against each other in arenas for the purposes of entertainment and gambling. Furthermore, it was found that most of those ancient people placed their bets on tigers rather than lions!

For example, there was a tiger owned by the King of Oude who is said to have killed 30 lions in a duel.
Why Are Tigers Favored?
To understand the reason behind this, let’s look at some of their physical assets.
1. Bite Force: Tigers have a higher average bite force than lions. Their teeth are exceptionally strong, and they are the longest amongst all animals (measuring from 7.5 to 10 cm in length).

2. Body Size: When it comes to body size, tigers generally beat lions (their body weight and body length are greater on an average). But as they say, physical strength is not the only factor that counts in a confrontation of two equally powerful species.
3. Brain Size: Tigers have been found to have larger brains than lions relative to their body size (source).

4. Nature: In any fight, this is the most crucial factor in terms of making a difference between winning and losing. Lions are social creatures, while tigers are mostly solitary beings. Lions usually grow up in a ‘pride' of almost 30 individuals, where they play with other cubs and lionesses to pass their time. As a lion grows up, it’s usually seen that they are raised by a close-knit community of female lions that do the hunting. Therefore, a lion doesn’t get much of a chance to see what’s out there. When a lion does goes out to hunt, it is usually accompanied by other lions. This group mentality doesn’t do lions much good when it comes to handling sudden situations — like a battle with a tiger!

On the other hand, a tiger usually lives alone most of the time and interacts with the opposite sex only for copulation. Also, since it lives alone most of the time, it is better equipped to handle danger and deal with enemies efficiently.

Making Time for Love

It’s not that these two creatures are always fighting. In fact, most of the reported circumstances of their confrontations occur in captivity. Not only that, but tigers and lions have also interbred in the past, giving way to tigons or ligers as offspring. However, the offspring from these copulations are sterile, so don’t worry, there won’t be any super-species of ligers taking over the wild anytime soon!

https://www.scienceabc.com/nature/animals/lion-v...
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
23:33 18.06.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> ⍟ Grin (25771),
>
> I know a great riddle, which is a test whether a person can think «out of the box», freely. I suspect that you can't do that very well. But if I give you this riddle, I am not quite sure you won't look up the answer or google it. Can you promise you won't cheat and look up the answer if I give it to you to solve?
quoted1
Sure, let's try)
FYI baiting is also part of trolling. It seems you are a troll in your heart but "trolling" has negative connotation so you don't like when smb calls you a troll.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
23:41 18.06.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> 4. Nature: In any fight, this is the most crucial factor in terms of making a difference between winning and losing. Lions are social creatures, while tigers are mostly solitary beings. Lions usually grow up in a ‘pride' of almost 30 individuals, where they play with other cubs and lionesses to pass their time. As a lion grows up, it’s usually seen that they are raised by a close-knit community of female lions that do the hunting. Therefore, a lion doesn’t get much of a chance to see what’s out there. When a lion does goes out to hunt, it is usually accompanied by other lions. This group mentality doesn’t do lions much good when it comes to handling sudden situations — like a battle with a tiger!
quoted1
This. Lions live in prides. So that means in real life a tiger will have to deal with one male lion and a dozen of female lions. There won't be a 1vs1 duel you know.

Also male lions are often banished by the leader of the pride when they become adult. They have to spend some part of their life alone trying to survive and make their own lion pride.
So 1vs1 situation is possible, but lonely lions are usually young. A young lion will run away from an adult tiger.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17047
23:56 18.06.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> ⍟ Grin (25771),
>>
>> I know a great riddle, which is a test whether a person can think «out of the box», freely. I suspect that you can't do that very well. But if I give you this riddle, I am not quite sure you won't look up the answer or google it. Can you promise you won't cheat and look up the answer if I give it to you to solve?
quoted2
>Sure, let's try)
> FYI baiting is also part of trolling.
quoted1

I am not baiting you, I trust that you won't cheat. And if you do, I will knock your block off. (I am joking obviously, «knock your block off» — means «I will punch you in the head» in Cockney language, we talk like this in England here with people we know sometimes, please don't take offence)

OK, let 's go.

Please answer

What is greater than God,
more evil than the devil,
the poor have it,
the rich need it,
and if you eat it, you'll die?
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
00:06 19.06.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

> the rich need it,
> and if you eat it, you'll die?
>
quoted1
OMG, I don't have a clue
Do you mean eat it literally or it's just like «I'll it my hat if ….»?

May be it's hunger?
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17047
00:10 19.06.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Do you mean eat it literally or it's just like «I'll it my hat if ….»?
quoted1

Nothing literal. I will give you a clue. You are smart, so you probably will figure it out all by yourself. Distract yourself from the «punch» of the puzzle and answer each question separately.

Answer me this one — now — What is Greater than God? Answer it in a Christian way and the whole riddle is solved in a jiffy. You are a Christian, aren't ya?
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
00:13 19.06.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Answer me this one — now — What is Greater than God? Answer it in a Christian way and the whole riddle is solved in a jiffy. You are a Christian, aren't ya?
quoted1
Love?
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17047
00:19 19.06.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Daft little boy - this is the answer

What is greater than God — NOTHING

more evil than the devil — nothing,
the poor have it — nothing,
the rich need it- nothing,
and if you eat it, you'll die? Nothing.

The answer is «nothing».

Another riddle for you.

Paul is an assistant butcher in a butcher's shop. He is 6 foot tall and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7355
00:25 19.06.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> What is greater than God — NOTHING
quoted1
Oh, how could I forget it. Shame on me!

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Paul is an assistant butcher in a butcher's shop. He is 6 foot tall and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?
quoted1
meat?
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2. May be you wasn't intend to troll them. But you did it. And you did it well, believe me. ...
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version