Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
22:52 18.05.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> Here it is FPTP — First Past the Post, the way it is organised. So — the fall of 2 Party system is as bad as a revolution or Maidan. Far Right will surge. The only hope was that the Tories — a moderate party will be able to harness the Brexit Crisis, May did everything she could to f uck it up further. We will see — that's all I can say.
quoted2
>As for me your Far Right sound like centrists compared to Ukrainian Far Right. I don't know why you all so worried about right parties in Europe. Are there any grave consecuences if your Far Right parties will have a say in you foreign and domestic policy?
quoted1

To be perfectly honest for you, I fully understand the Far Right here and I even secretly appreciate the Far Right surge in Europe. I came to the UK in 1988 and the country has changed. And it has not changed for the better overall. Call me retrograde, or whoever — but that is how I feel. I love Britain to bits, I love the English — I don't want this country to go down the drain. If that happens, everyone else will follow — including the big ones like the Americans and the rest. All the Anglo Saxonian culture is here. It is only the Russians for example, that appreciate the American accent, in the States — they fall on their feet literally when they hear the proper middle class English accent — they think some Royalty has come to visit them. The culture is here, in England — in those Yorkshire fields, Scottish highlands, Kentish gardens, London Palatial Architecture, Gothic, etc.

I want Europe to be European, I don't want multinationalism and the rest in this form to spread around, I just don't. Shoot me, I don't. It has to go at the pace that the English and the rest of Europe can accommodate, including Russia.

So — everything that is happening in Europe — well, it is not gonna go away, there won't be this nice «sailing» to some multinational dream someone at the top envisaged. People will stand up to protect their culture, their heritage, their languages, you name it.

The Ukrainians — well, to be fair — they are trying to do the same. They are trying to protect their own culture and heritage. The problem is — the Ukrainians do not really have it — their culture, they feed off of the Russian culture. So you can't really seriously compare them to the English, Italians, the French, etc. You can't. They don't have the powerful culture of their own. That is why their nationalism is ugly, but the European one is not. You can't really compare, not seriously.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7190
23:07 18.05.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> To be perfectly honest for you, I fully understand the Far Right here and I even secretly appreciate the Far Right surge in Europe. I came to the UK in 1988 and the country has changed. And it has not changed for the better overall. Call me retrograde, or whoever — but that is how I feel. I love Britain to bits, I love the English — I don't want this country to go down the drain. If that happens, everyone else will follow — including the big ones like the Americans and the rest. All the Anglo Saxonian culture is here. It is only the Russians for example, that appreciate the American accent, in the States — they fall on their feet literally when they hear the proper middle class English accent — they think some Royalty has come to visit them. The culture is here, in England — in those Yorkshire fields, Scottish highlands, Kentish gardens, London Palatial Architecture, Gothic, etc.
quoted1
I think there is a reason right parites are on the rise now in Europe. And it has nothing to do with Putin. It is the result of EU stupid policy.
I don't think that mixining cultures in such a way EU is trying to make it is a good thing.

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> The Ukrainians — well, to be fair — they are trying to do the same. They are trying to protect their own culture and heritage. The problem is — the Ukrainians do not really have it — their culture, they feed off of the Russian culture. So you can't really seriously compare them to the English, Italians, the French, etc. You can't. They don't have the powerful culture of their own. That is why their nationalism is ugly, but the European one is not. You can't really compare, not seriously.
quoted1
The main difference for me — you try to protect your own culture. Ukrainian officials during the last 5 years were trying to antagonise Ukrainian and Russian culture. Here is a vivid example of it

Pls tell me if you need translation from Ukrainian language.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
23:45 18.05.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I think there is a reason right parites are on the rise now in Europe. And it has nothing to do with Putin. It is the result of EU stupid policy. I don't think that mixining cultures in such a way EU is trying to make it is a good thing.
quoted1

You are spot on mate, you are a very smart clever button, if you don't mind me saying. The EU is a scam, it is a corrupt organisation. The thing is — in terms of propaganda, they are using European values and culture, but in fact — everything they are doing is against that. There is no democracy. Look at the EU Parliament — 500 million people represented by one Parliament? Well, that IS one big joke and lie, and most of the European people are so detached from the organisation they don't even know who they are represented by, who makes those decisions on their behalf. Accountability is totally zero, zilch. To such an extent, the EU Commission (unelectable organisation and unaccountable to the EU PArliament, the system is totally hierarchical. Worse, much worse than the USSR was) — their accounting is so deep in corruption, they haven't passed any audit in 18 years. The whole thing is a joke. But to a brainless American Liberal idiot, aka Sivilla of this world, they are trying to pass it on as «Europe» — a croissant in France that they ate one day for 5 Euros (those can't afford much more, they pride on wearing Michael Kors' cheap dresses and bags, have no idea whatsoever) is associated with the EU project. It is laughable really.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
23:55 18.05.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> The main difference for me — you try to protect your own culture. Ukrainian officials during the last 5 years were trying to antagonise Ukrainian and Russian culture. Here is a vivid example of it
quoted1

To me — there is no such thing as a separate Ukrainian culture, but as a branch of the Russian culture. And I can rest assure you — it is like this for all the rest here as well. The way they are trying to brand and promote their culture is a failure because — well, it doesn't really exist in the way they are promoting it. Their whole cultural project is based on the negativity towards Russia and therefore — it will fail in my view and is failing.
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7190
01:09 19.05.2019
Got to go now. Have a nice evening
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7190
11:43 19.05.2019
Alina's next season exhibition program music is



What can I say? Billie Eilish seems to be popular with teenagers these days. But I'm glad they didn't pick it for her competitive programs. Let's wait and see how will it work.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
12:32 19.05.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> What can I say? Billie Eilish seems to be popular with teenagers these days.
quoted1

Not much can really be said, it is trash, period — music wise. I hope they will compensate the lack of music with some sensational figure skating, some more of the same

Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7190
14:19 19.05.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Not much can really be said, it is trash, period — music wise.
quoted1
Can't agree more to be honest. I can't get it how on Earth that vid made 180 million views.
Eteri is criticised for not allowing her students to have a say in picking music for their programs. Probably she decided to allow girls pick music for their exhibition programs.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
15:07 19.05.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Can't agree more to be honest. I can't get it how on Earth that vid made 180 million views.
quoted1
So? The video I posted with Nick Brewer has 5 billion views.

Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> Not much can really be said, it is trash, period — music wise.
quoted2
>Can't agree more to be honest. I can't get it how on Earth that vid made 180 million views.
> Eteri is criticised for not allowing her students to have a say in picking music for their programs. Probably she decided to allow girls pick music for their exhibition programs.
quoted1

Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Eteri is criticised for not allowing her studentsNoo
quoted1

Noone really cares to be honest about these going ons with Eteri, nobody here is interested or even heard the name.

On the contrary, Enrique Eglasias 1,143,736,210 views

Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7190
23:24 19.05.2019
Some of my relatives from Ukraine came to Moscow. They wanted to go to ВДНХ. So we went there and visitied Rurikovich exhibition.
I made some pics

> ВДНХ (expand)


> Rurikovich exhibition (expand)
Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
08:59 20.05.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
> > Rurikovich exhibition (expand)
quoted1

OMG, these pictures are absolutely beautiful, just gorgeous.
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
09:01 20.05.2019
Brexit Party set to win more votes than pro-Remain parties combined, polling reveals

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/20/...

Drop support for Theresa May's Brexit deal if you want a general election pact, Nigel Farage tells Boris Johnson

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/19/...

We also have Trump coming for a State visit with the Queen in June and he is a hard Brexit supporter. So — we will see what happens.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7190
09:39 20.05.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Brexit Party set to win more votes than pro-Remain parties combined, polling reveals
>
> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/20/...
quoted1
No surprise here

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/19/...
>
> We also have Trump coming for a State visit with the Queen in June and he is a hard Brexit supporter. So — we will see what happens.
quoted1
I'm confused a bit. I don't remember Boris supporting Theresa May's deal.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7190
09:43 20.05.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> OMG, these pictures are absolutely beautiful, just gorgeous.
quoted1
If you are planning a trip to Moscow, don't forget to visit «ВДНХ». It is a nice place with lots of museums and exhibitions.

http://vdnh.ru/en/
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16699
13:18 20.05.2019
Hi, I will answer you later re Brexit.
I am having an early lunch at the moment, here they call it «brunch"(breakfast + lunch, as I didn’t have time for my brekkie this morn (it. means «didn't have time for breakfast this morning», talking about clear communication ) I am having this yummiest sandwich from Pret A Manger (it is a French outfit) — it is Chicken Ceaser with watercress and Parmesan on crushed avocado on gluten free rye bread — here it is








Do you have Pret A Manger in Moscow?
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2. To be perfectly honest for you, I fully understand the Far Right here and I even secretly ...
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version