Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
01:03 26.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> You are not saying it directly, you are implying it all the time by comparing — our press to RT, the way things work here to yours and invariably you come up with the conclusion that it is kind of the same and everyone is equally to blame, not just Russia. You are not coming up with direct statements, but are delivering the message in a way which we call here «passive aggressive». Don't take me for a fool, I know what you are doing.
quoted1
I'm allergic to the term «passive aggressive» because 90% of their free time figure skating fans are blaming each other in «passive aggressive» posts about their faves. I kindly ask you to refrain from using this term )

I don't think RT = BBC. As for me RT is much better. Well, may be 'better' is not the best word here
How should I put it? All western mainstream media work for establishment. They can critisce May or Trump or whatever, but they do have closed topics, they do have narratives.
RT tries to counter it. That makes RT unique. That is why RT has more views in general than CNN or BBC. People want to hear really alternative point of veiw, not just another fake ass alternative point of veiw. I'm not talking about views in Britain now, I'm talking about their overall views world-wide.

I don't know if every article in British mainstream media is biased. But It's obvious for me that every article about Russia is. Same goes to RT when they write about Britain, but at least RT tries to do more or less relevant articles. When I read BBC articles about Russia/Ukraine I have the feeling I read smth from a parallel Universe.
Probably BBC journalists think that digging into the subject isn't worth their time when they write about Russia. Guardian articles about Russia are biased too, but they aren't that blunt. Probably, becase they have Shaun Walker 'who lived in Russia for 14 f*n years' (c)

Also both RT and BBC are state funded and they try to sugar coat every shit that Russia/Britain do to other countries.

RT operates in western countries on the same principles BBC operates in Russia (they try to dig out as many negative facts about the country as possible).

I think it's useful for western countries to have RT, but I'm not happy I'm paying for it.
Liked: privet75
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
01:04 26.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I will answer the rest later. Got to go now. Don't get offended please, I am just speaking my mind. I am allowed to do it, I live in a free country.
quoted1

I value a lot that you speak your mind instead of saying some nice things. This is what makes our conversation interesting

Have a nice evening)
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
08:47 26.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

> RT operates in western countries on the same principles BBC operates in Russia (they try to dig out as many negative facts about the country as possible).
>
> I think it's useful for western countries to have RT, but I'm not happy I'm paying for it.
quoted1

RT doesn't have more views here than BBC or Sky News or whatever, in fact — I don't know anyone who watches RT or takes it seriously. BBC is of course not ideal and biased in a lot of ways. For example on the EU debate, it is 100% biased. But it is not financed by the State, like RT in Russia, BBC is financed by the British people directly, who pay TV license every month (the way it works is you pay whether you watch BBC or not, just if you happen to have a telly — you pay), that is why BBC is complained about here more than any other news outlet. It is like they say in Britain — «he who pays the piper calls the tune» (there is a similar saying in Russia I believe, very similar, practically the same), here BBC is financed by people, that is why they are very demanding when it comes to BBC. I made a few complaints to BBC myself in the beginning of the Ukrainian crisis and they worked. Right now they are flooded by the complaints re the EU bias by millions of people who are so annoyed they are threatening to stop paying the licence. In Russia — all the mainstream is financed directly by the Kremlin, that is a bit different. There is a big programme here every Sunday where the complaints are aired on BBC News 24 and they are strong complaints and BBC do adjust their news coverage — they have no choice. They are constantly under the investigation by OFCOM, etc. — much more than RT. It is laughable for me to read the comments from the Russians here along the lines of «there is no freedom of press in Britain, people are complaining about RT, they are gonna close down RT, etc.». People here complain about every single news outlet, they are the Brits, not the Russians — they moan and complain about everything, more so about anything to do with the state than anything else. And BBC is complained about much more than RT and RT was not only not closed down, but opened another channel a few years ago here.

Re Shaun Walker, etc. — I told you before, you expect the Brits to be like the Russians in their mentality and attitudes, have the Russian point of view of the world, closer to the Kremlin. That is impossible and is never gonna happen mate. Please trust me, I have lived here long enough to know that. There are certain things that you don't see and I do and they are not easy to explain.

As regards the establishment — yeah, I agree, there is establishment in every country. Fundamentally — we all live in hierarchical societies, there is no communism you see. Everyone is financed/PRed by someone. Even Farage, who claims constantly he is anti establishment is financed by the Eurosceptical part of the establishment here. I post a lot about Zac Goldsmith and his father James Goldsmith (who shot the film about the True Face of Europe in the 90s) for a reason. The Brexit battle is not people v establishment, the establishment is also involved in it. The difference with Russia or other autocratic set ups — is you don't have enough competition between the establishment gangs, it is one gang rules everything and anything. This is what is unhealthy.

I don't think that anti May views or anti Trump views are another form of fake ass views. They are genuine views of parts of the establishment and parts of the public as well.

The mistake you make in Russia is the approach to it all. The approach is «it is one or the other» (this comes from the fact that your democracy is very young, fledgling, compared to western democracies, you had a totalitarian set up for too long and Putin's propaganda plays a lot on that nostalgia for good old Soviet times). It is either Putin or opposition, Putin is better at the moment. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong attitude, wrong approach. It is not about one or the other, it is about as much fight between many views, approaches, different parts of establishment — as possible. If anyone who is in opposition comes to power, that doesn't guarantee paradise for the public, of course not. That is why — the same rule applies — they now in turn have to have a strong opposition - to be kept in check. Your set up doesn't allow that, period. No autocratic or dictatorial set up allows that. That is the core of the problem.
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I'm allergic to the term «passive aggressive» because 90% of their free time figure skating fans are blaming each other in «passive aggressive» posts about their faves. I kindly ask you to refrain from using this term)
quoted1

I won't use it going forward, I am sorry for using it, I do apologize.
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I value a lot that you speak your mind instead of saying some nice things. This is what makes our conversation interesting Have a nice evening)
quoted1

Thank you very much and likewise. I got to go, speak later)
Liked: privet75
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:10 26.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Wrong attitude, wrong approach. It is not about one or the other, it is about as much fight between many views, approaches, different parts of establishment — as possible. If anyone who is in opposition comes to power, that doesn't guarantee paradise for the public, of course not. That is why — the same rule applies — they now in turn have to have a strong opposition — to be kept in check.
quoted1

It is the same old principle «divide and conquer, divide and rule». The more establishment is divided in their views, the more vulnerable it is. The more they fight between each other, the better for the public, the more the public rules. We constantly have here Labour watching the corruption in the Tory Party, and vice versa. If the Tory Party is failing in delivering Brexit, now the Farage's Brexit Party is surging in the polls. This is what democracy is about. People are people you see — they have greed, complacency, etc. — establishment or no establishment. If all possible competition within the establishment is killed off, you end up with autocratic society, which brings less debate, less rights, more inequality, and all that ends up in a poorer society and worse standard of living.
Liked: privet75
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
21:40 26.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> RT doesn't have more views here than BBC or Sky News or whatever, in fact — I don't know anyone who watches RT or takes it seriously.
quoted1

Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I'm not talking about views in Britain now
quoted1

Btw, same goes for BBC Russa. No one watch it here or takes it seriously in Russia
https://mediametrics.ru/top_smi/

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> As regards the establishment — yeah, I agree, there is establishment in every country. Fundamentally — we all live in hierarchical societies, there is no communism you see. Everyone is financed/PRed by someone. Even Farage, who claims constantly he is anti establishment is financed by the Eurosceptical part of the establishment here. I post a lot about Zac Goldsmith and his father James Goldsmith (who shot the film about the True Face of Europe in the 90s) for a reason. The Brexit battle is not people v establishment, the establishment is also involved in it. The difference with Russia or other autocratic set ups — is you don't have enough competition between the establishment gangs, it is one gang rules everything and anything. This is what is unhealthy
quoted1
I agree with you on that one about establishment gangs. In Russia several top officials were arrested, accused of corruption etc. Russian TV tries to present it like fight with corruption, but it is just another fight between establishment gangs.

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I don't think that anti May views or anti Trump views are another form of fake ass views. They are genuine views of parts of the establishment and parts of the public as well.
quoted1
Of course anti May views or anti Trump views are genuine. I was talking about alternative views on war in Yemen. BBC is trying to present it as if Saudi Arabia invaded Yemen just for the sake of stablily of the region and to help poor people of Yemen. It's a shame RT is also silent since Putin and Saudi Arabia prince made a deal about oil prices.
Liked: privet75
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
21:48 26.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I won't use it going forward, I am sorry for using it, I do apologize.
quoted1
There is no need to apologize. To be honest it dosen't bother me that much. I just tired to hear it for the 12309478612304987123048716203984701923th time
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
22:00 26.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> It is the same old principle «divide and conquer, divide and rule». The more establishment is divided in their views, the more vulnerable it is
quoted1
I agree. Unfortunately there are some «sacred» things for western establishment. For example, democtrats in the US talk shit about Trump 24/7 unless he decides to make another coup in Latin America or to bomb somebody to the stone age. Even CNN is postitve about Trump's imperialistic moves.

What bothers me in European establishment. I'm 1000% sure if Corbyn makes it to the PM chair, he will immediately make a U-turn on everything negative he said about NATO/US and everything postive he said about Russia.

When I watch European top officials make confessions about Russia I have the feeling they are completely blind and deaf to what is going on. When I watch European ex top officials they sound like decent people who are more or less aware of the situation. But I'm sure they will suddenly become «blind and deaf» again if they get an appointment.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
23:18 26.04.2019
I like this Alina's photo




She easily can persuade a model career, I think. Maybe, not a podium one, because she is so tiny, but I'll buy any magazine with such a beauty on the cover
Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:20 27.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> I won't use it going forward, I am sorry for using it, I do apologize.
quoted2
>There is no need to apologize. To be honest it dosen't bother me that much. I just tired to hear it for the 12309478612304987123048716203984701923th time
quoted1

Ok, if you say so.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:28 27.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
>
quoted1
I agree with you — there is something like this going on here — re foreign policy. There is no denying that. I was referring more to the processes in society as regards domestic policies and attitudes. And here I think the Russians could learn a lot from the Brits.

P. S. By the way,

Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Shaun Walker
quoted1

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Re Shaun Walker, etc.
quoted1
By the way, the correct spelling is «Sean», even though Shaun Walker spells his name as «Shaun» — that is not quite right. «Sean» (Шон) is the Irish for John (the Irish equivalent of John), Seamus (Шеймас) — the Irish for James (the Irish equivalent of James), etc.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:33 27.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
> She easily can persuade a model career, I think. Maybe, not a podium one, because she is so tiny, but I'll buy any magazine with such a beauty on the cover
quoted1

No matter that she is tiny, she is a sports celebrity and they model a lot of stuff — starting with trainers and T shirts all the way through to high end watches. She is absolutely gorgeous, very beautiful, Alena Kostornaya is also insanely beautiful. Many catwalk models look weird these days anyway to be honest (well, to me) and a lot of men like tiny women. There is a great English saying «beauty is in the eye of the beholder».
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:38 27.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
>
quoted1
Hurray patriotism is just as bad as ultra unpatriotic views, but both are products of the same autocratic culture and stupid propaganda. One causes the other, so to speak. Hurray patriotism in Russia became so ugly, that the other side became ugly too. It is called the polarization of views. The best patriot is the one who can recognize what is going wrong in the country and not be afraid to speak up about it and fight for something better. And also, if one can admit their faults (this goes for anything — country, personal faults, etc.) — that person is a lot more confident (in his country, himself, etc.) and healthy in his attitudes in my view.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:39 27.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> She easily can persuade a model career
quoted1

The way to put it is «she can pursue a modelling career»
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17264
09:54 27.04.2019
P. S. The great weather is over here in the UK, the so called Storm Hannah ended it. We get the tail end (drags) of any storms that happen in the Atlantic you see, although not as badly as the Americans do. At the moment it is very windy, some trees fell down and there are some 30,000 houses without power in the UK. And it is windy and overcast tomorrow in London, which is great — for the marathon and just 14C — that is fantastic.. Last year it was sunny and hot and it made it a lot harder to run — London 2018 was the hottest marathon on record (I believe a couple of people died even). Tomorrow is London Marathon!!!
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
17:33 27.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> P. S. The great weather is over here in the UK, the so called Storm Hannah ended it. We get the tail end (drags) of any storms that happen in the Atlantic you see, although not as badly as the Americans do. At the moment it is very windy, some trees fell down and there are some 30,000 houses without power in the UK. And it is windy and overcast tomorrow in London, which is great — for the marathon and just 14C — that is fantastic. Last year it was sunny and hot and it made it a lot harder to run — London 2018 was the hottest marathon on record (I believe a couple of people died even). Tomorrow is London Marathon!!!
quoted1
To be honest I don't like heat more than I dislike cold weather. Of course 20−25 C is preferable to me.
Finally we have sunny weather in Moscow. It is Easter tomorrow in Russia, so people go to the church and do some Easter stuff like that



Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2. I'm allergic to the term «passive aggressive» because 90% of their free time figure skating ...
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version