Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
00:17 16.04.2019
Oh, it's heartbreaking to see Notre Dame burning



Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
00:18 16.04.2019
Just to think about these beautiful glass rose windows… gone…just like that.



Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
07:25 16.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
>
quoted1
I visited Notre Damme quite a few times. To be honest — we are quite spoilt here in England as regards Gothic churches with stained glass interiors — there are literally thousands of them here — all over the country — every town, every City, every little village has got those churches (Catholic and Church of England Churches are the same in terms of interior, most Catholic Churches were overtaken by the Church of England ages ago). And the stained glass mosaic is spectacular — biblical sujets, saints, etc. There are at least five churches like that in our borough alone (Trinity St Mary's, St'Anselms, St James, etc) — if not more. They are not as big as Notre Damme, but then again — we have St Pauls Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, etc. The original St Paul's Cathedral was even older than Notre Damme — it was founded on that site in 604 AD. So — when I first saw Notre Damme I thought — yeah, a nice cathedral, but nothing special. Not after what I had already seen in England. What happened in France — in Paris especially- was they got rid of a lot of Gothic Architecture in times of King Louis the Sun King and made a lot of it Baroque. They left the Notre Damme, and it started standing out as somewhat special.

I noticed yesterday people on the forum kind of «pounced» on the news and started to post either gloating or overly sympathizing posts on the event almost immediately. With me — it didn't properly sink in yesterday and I wasn't really watching the telly, when I came from work — my husband's Irish cousin (she is not Irish, English - but lives in Ireland) is now here with her husband from Ireland and their kids and my head wasn't in the event at all. But — I think the fire was stopped now and I am quite optimistic they will restore it to its original glory. It was renovated numerous times throughout the centuries, it is a very old church. In fact, this fire occurred during yet another renovation they were doing. I think — a bit odd, that they were renovating it during Easter holidays, when the Catholics are likely to be in need of it most. But — there you go. I am quite optimistic it will be all restored to its glory in no time.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
07:26 16.04.2019
I am off to run now with my mates and then going to work, can't wait for a long Easter weekend.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
12:49 17.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I am off to run now with my mates and then going to work, can't wait for a long Easter weekend.
quoted1
Have a nice run)
Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
12:58 17.04.2019
What do you think about Alena's «Twilight» make up?





I just can't wait to see her skating this program

P.S. Thanks God her injury wasn't serious and she is back on track. She will take part in ice show in 3 days
Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
21:22 17.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

> I just can't wait to see her skating this program
>
> P.S. Thanks God her injury wasn't serious and she is back on track. She will take part in ice show in 3 days
quoted1

Great make up, very cool. Probably the most beautiful and classy vampire out there.

My daughter injured her foot again and she has Standard 3 exam coming up in June — Angelina said — not to worry, if she is not ready and healed up by then — she will take it a few months later and her Associate ballet programme is not dependent on that. But I am still a bit sad. Never mind, it will be OK, can't be helped.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
21:26 17.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> I am off to run now with my mates and then going to work, can't wait for a long Easter weekend.
quoted2
>Have a nice run)
quoted1

Thanks, I've already had another run since then and tomorrow they are giving me a day off at work - paid and not at the expense of annual holidays (cause it is for charity) — cause tomorrow we are going to have a major preparational run (rehearsal run so to speak) — all the way through the marathon route — but it will be slow, cause the traffic is not gonna be stopped obviously, but still — we always do that about a week to ten days before the actual marathon.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
21:47 17.04.2019
A very catchy newish track which I listen to when running, running music is very primitive, but it works, good beat is the key really

Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
22:03 17.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Great make up, very cool. Probably the most beautiful and classy vampire out there
quoted1


Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> My daughter injured her foot again and she has Standard 3 exam coming up in June — Angelina said — not to worry, if she is not ready and healed up by then — she will take it a few months later and her Associate ballet programme is not dependent on that. But I am still a bit sad. Never mind, it will be OK, can't be helped
quoted1
I feel for her. I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:13 17.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I feel for her. I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.
quoted1

Thanks, unfortunately — a speedy recovery is unlikely — the doctor already said that she has to stay away from ballet for the minimum of 6 weeks and whatever the time left might not be enough for her to do what is needed to get Distinction. And I'd much sooner she missed the exam than passed it without Distinction. I don't know why I am so obsessed with her getting Distinctions for ballet, as I don't really want her to get into the Royal Ballet School, as then it will be ballet and ballet only. And she is very versatile — she sings well, acts well, etc. She has a fantastic personality and unique manner and looks — she is such a little ginger pixie. I want her ideally to get into Brits performing Arts school, she was already offered a place in the Saturday Brits school, the all time Brits starts at 14 (you get a better chance of getting in at 14 if you passed all your LAMDAs and attended the Saturday Brits school, she is passing her LAMDAs , but she is still at Stage Coach).. WE haven't moved her to the Brits Saturday school yet, cause she is having such a great time at Stage Coach - she is having a field time right now - roles , etc. I think I am just a very vain Mom as regards ballet. I am not like that with my sons and they are doing great at school, they are very English — my boys, they wouldn't have any pressure put on them from me, but at the same time — they do everything themselves, but in their own sweet time, so to speak. They are more like my husband, my daughter is more like me — with her personality — very emotional, scatty, etc. My husband says me and her are like «two peas in a pod» (very alike), but not sensible at all.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
23:38 17.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>
> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>> I feel for her. I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.
quoted2
>
> Thanks, unfortunately — a speedy recovery is unlikely — the doctor already said that she has to stay away from ballet for the minimum of 6 weeks and whatever the time left might not be enough for her to do what is needed to get Distinction. And I'd much sooner she missed the exam than passed it without Distinction. I don't know why I am so obsessed with her getting Distinctions for ballet, as I don't really want her to get into the Royal Ballet School, as then it will be ballet and ballet only. And she is very versatile — she sings well, acts well, etc. She has a fantastic personality and unique manner and looks — she is such a little ginger pixie. I want her ideally to get into Brits performing Arts school, she was already offered a place in the Saturday Brits school, the all time Brits starts at 14 (you get a better chance of getting in at 14 if you passed all your LAMDAs and attended the Saturday Brits school, she is passing her LAMDAs, but she is still at Stage Coach). WE haven't moved her to the Brits Saturday school yet, cause she is having such a great time at Stage Coach — she is having a field time right now — roles, etc. I think I am just a very vain Mom as regards ballet. I am not like that with my sons and they are doing great at school, they are very English — my boys, they wouldn't have any pressure put on them from me, but at the same time — they do everything themselves, but in their own sweet time, so to speak. They are more like my husband, my daughter is more like me — with her personality — very emotional, scatty, etc. My husband says me and her are like «two peas in a pod» (very alike), but not sensible at all.
quoted1

May be it's time to slow down with ballet a bit? Unless your daughter is determined to continue her trainings.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
09:17 18.04.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> May be it's time to slow down with ballet a bit? Unless your daughter is determined to continue her trainings.
quoted1

Well, we have no choice now but slow down for the next six weeks, but after — of course she will continue, she is in the Associate Ballet Programme. Thank you very much for your compassion. How are you? How is your job and swimming and all that?

I am off in a couple of hours — to do a huge run. But for the next 4 days will be doing little running, we are gonna go attending the Church and various Easter events. I thought that our Irish relatives would take our kids to Ireland for a few days, but instead — they came over here. But it is very eventful here at the moment, On Saturday there's gonna be a giant Easter Egg hunt in Battersea park zoo, they do one every year — it is amazing, with animals involved, etc. But we are also booked to go to Hampton Court Palace — they are doing Lindt Bunny Hunt and Maitre Choux — Easter Éclair Hunt in King's Road in Chelsea. For our relatives who don't live in London — London is like — the top top top place to be, for us — not quite, we are tired of the place, cause we live here you see. I am sure it is the same for you in Moscow — it is like — top of the tops for everyone else but when you have a couple of days off — you want to get away.

Lindt Gold Bunny Easter Hunt
Find the bunnies hidden around the home and gardens of Henry VIII.
Hampton Court Palace, East Molesey, Surrey, London, KT8 9AU
Tube: Richmond Station





Maitre Choux: Easter Eclair Hunt
If you're out and about on the King's Road this Easter keep an eye out for eclairs.
Maitre Choux Chelsea, 59 Kings Road, London, SW3 4ND
Tube: Sloane Square Station

Dates: 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd Apr 2019

Not the traditional Easter Egg Hunt but a three Michelin starred French pastry chef's take on it.





We are also gonna have to go to Barnes — London Wetland Centre — for their Easter Egg Hunt (we are members there, my husband's place of work is one of their main sponsors)

https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/london/

See — hardly any proper rest this weekend and the house is full of people. Next weekend it is the London Marathon. But I am not complaining, I am getting used to this madness now. As they say over here «One will get plenty of rest when they are in the grave» (dark English humour. )
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
09:48 18.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> She has a fantastic personality and unique manner and looks — she is such a little ginger pixie.
quoted1

This is Vicky this last October on her 10th birthday as Disney Anna (from Frozen — Elsa and Anna) — Disney Princess makeover in Disney Palace (I will delete the pics later)
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
20:27 18.04.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> How are you? How is your job and swimming and all that?
quoted1
I got a flu, so I am listening to the audio books)

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> This is Vicky this last October on her 10th birthday as Disney Anna (from Frozen — Elsa and Anna) — Disney Princess makeover in Disney Palace (I will delete the pics later)
quoted1
What an adorable and cute little princess she is!
Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2. Oh, it's heartbreaking to see Notre Dame burninghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4OQk9CWAAAJw4P.jpg
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version