Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Grin
25771


Messages: 7073
22:10 11.03.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>>> my workmates saying things like «Are you still staring at the ring? Haven't gone blind yet?» It is just a bit too distracting at work
quoted3
>>Well, may be you just wear it at home, so your husband will see how happy you are, and you will get used to it so it won't distract you anymore)
quoted2
>Good idea. This is what I will do. He knows I am happy — I sent him zillions of texts today with the pictures of the ring.
quoted1
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
22:14 11.03.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>>> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>>>> my workmates saying things like «Are you still staring at the ring? Haven't gone blind yet?» It is just a bit too distracting at work
>>> Well, may be you just wear it at home, so your husband will see how happy you are, and you will get used to it so it won't distract you anymore)
quoted3
>>Good idea. This is what I will do. He knows I am happy — I sent him zillions of texts today with the pictures of the ring.
quoted2
>
quoted1
This is a similar design — Art Deco circa 1920s — but with step cut rubies, but I think this one was sold a while ago - on some Australian website.



Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7073
22:55 11.03.2019
Latest news about Ukrainian presidential elections (sorry about filthy language)
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
09:41 12.03.2019
There was a sudden twist last night in Brussels. They did a U turn, and agreed to give the UK legal assurances on the Irish backstop. Today she will try to push her deal through in the House of Commons again. It might go through now — cause that was the condition from the Eurosceptic MPs. Let's hope that is enough for them.

Brexit latest news: Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker agree to 'legally binding' assurances on Irish backstop


May and Juncker agree 'legally-binding' assurances on Irish backstop
MPs to vote on May's 'improved deal' tomorrow
William Hague: Brexit is there on the table. Take it and run, while there's still a chance
What can Theresa May do now to deliver Brexit?
Sign up: Brexit Whatsapp updates and all-new Brexit Bulletin
Theresa May last night pleaded with MPs to «come together» and back a revised version of her Brexit deal after claiming to have solved the problem of the Northern Irish backstop.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/11/...
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7073
09:49 12.03.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> They did a U turn, and agreed to give the UK legal assurances on the Irish backstop. Today she will try to push her deal through in the House of Commons again. It might go through now — cause that was the condition from the Eurosceptic MPs. Let's hope that is enough for them.
>
quoted1
I heard about it yesterday. Let's hope May will broke the deal this time. Probably Brits are seek and tired of Brexit in the same way Russians are tired of news about Ukraine)
Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
09:53 12.03.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> They did a U turn, and agreed to give the UK legal assurances on the Irish backstop. Today she will try to push her deal through in the House of Commons again. It might go through now — cause that was the condition from the Eurosceptic MPs. Let's hope that is enough for them.
>>
quoted2
>I heard about it yesterday. Let's hope May will broke the deal this time. Probably Brits are seek and tired of Brexit in the same way Russians are tired of news about Ukraine)
quoted1

Happy Birthday!

Yeah, sick and tired of Brexit, but there is no escaping it — it is everywhere. Yeah, let's hope it will go through. The Guardian is writing it still won't https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/11...

Off to work now, have a great day!
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7073
10:29 12.03.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Happy Birthday!
quoted1
Thank you so much!
My friends and my colleagues are congratulating me since early morning. I ordered pizza and sushi)
Liked: Redhead
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7073
15:38 12.03.2019
Some humor about figure skating







Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
22:51 12.03.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> Happy Birthday!
quoted2
>Thank you so much!
> My friends and my colleagues are congratulating me since early morning. I ordered pizza and sushi)
quoted1

Very nice. I love Japanese cuisine, we have a place called Wasabi next to where we work — they are all over London. And I love Salmon teriyaki with sticky rice and veg. When we order lunches from there - no one even asks me what I would like, they just order salmon teriyaki. The only downside is the teriyaki sauce is soy based sauce — so it is very salty and makes you very thirsty for hours after.
This is what it looks like — Wasabi salmon teriyaki with rice and veggies


Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
22:59 12.03.2019
My daughter's class went to the book fair today — it was a school trip, and I gave her some money to buy books she liked (she is behind with her reading), but instead of any books she bought a cute picture with the Unicorn on it and a fluffy diary.








Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
23:07 12.03.2019
P. S. May's deal has zero chance of making it through the Commons as the Tory Eurosceptics and the DUP (the Irish Unionists) are going to vote against apparently (I am just watching the vote right now and the analysis on the BBC News 24), as they are saying she bumped up the concessions from Brussels and there are no extra guarantees that the whole of the UK is not going to be indefinitely tied up to the Customs Union through the Irish backstop arrangement. So there.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
23:18 12.03.2019
The deal just fell through.

Live Theresa May loses Brexit vote on her deal by margin of 149 in crushing defeat — latest news



https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/12/...
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7073
00:16 13.03.2019
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
Expand message beginning

>
>
> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/...
quoted1

This is nuts, isn't it? Will she resign or she has another try?
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
00:23 13.03.2019
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> This is nuts, isn't it? Will she resign or she has another try?
quoted1

The Tories are quite ruthless people to be honest and they will string it along for a while with May, letting her take all the flack for as long as they can. When the EU starts backing down (which they will), they will choose another leader — Johnson or Rees Mogg. The only thing that can stop them is the possibility of the General Election, and that was ruled out, as Corbyn doesn't have the guts to call it, cause he is very unpopular and even despite all the palaver with Brexit — May's ratings are higher than his.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 16334
00:29 13.03.2019
Grin (25771),

I am off to sleep . Hope you had a great time today, birthday boy.
Liked: Grin
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2.
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version