Political Forum. Opinions and Debates.

Log in | Registration
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2

  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
21:48 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> К статье приложены рецепты самаркандского плова, летнего борща, узбекских лепешек и шашлыка из говядины
quoted1
This is funny arcticle) thnx
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
21:48 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> You seem happier now, but come on — you posted lots of negative stuff here re Ukraine, USA, Britain, etc. And hardly anything critical about your own authorities
quoted1
I'm not that much into politics as I was a year or two ago. All I do is post funny pictures from twitter. And about Russian local authorities too.
https://www.politforums.net/redir/ukraine/142465...

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> It is just that Ukraine is a step ahead — at least they don't worship their leaders and let them" get away with murder" (do whatever) — like the majority does in Russia.
>
quoted1
Not at all. Ukraine was more democratic before the coup, now the things have changed dramatically. It's not about their course to join EU. The problem is they declare it but in fact they are moving in the opposite direction (towards USSR at its worst).

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Neither the Convention group nor Ukrainians are promoting Putin here
quoted1
Using your own words as an example

Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> But slowly slowly — after reading all the rubbish, the lies about Britain in particular and about the West in general — and moreover, the way in which they argue their point was so horrific to me — dirty lies, tricks, rubbishing the forum users
quoted1

This is how you realised you were in the wrong company. Convention group and Glory to Ukraine group are doing pretty much the same when they talk about Russia. I never talked to Ebolasha about why he left Convention but I'm sure he did it because of the same reasons you left pro-Putin team. I always felt as if he loves Russia despite all his bitter comments about situation in Russia.

As I've said above, Soloviev is hiring people to badmouth Russia publicly on Russian state TV. Your group is doing it for free. You act as an additional confirmation to what people hear on Russian state TV. That's how you promote Putin in Russia.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
21:57 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> The way those shows are structured in Russia is they have a hoard of Kremlin backers and a couple of «whipping boys» (those who they relentlessly attack) — in order to reaffirm / assert themselves. They are not proper shows with equal opportunities for discussion and they are not supposed to be. It is just part of the overall propaganda machine. It is the same with RT. In Britain people are not used to such a scenario, so they made tons of complaints re RT about their shows — for this particular reason.
quoted1
Well. As you see I didn't call Soloviev a journalist. He is top Kremlin propagandist. On last BBC show I remember all 3 «experts» were negative about Russia. I'd say they were competing for the title «the top Russia basher». Even whipping boys where absent. It was sooo blunt
But this is not about comparing who has most blunt propaganda on planet Earth. Some people on this forum echo Soloviev «whipping boys» and don't realise it)
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
21:58 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> At least I gave it a go. None of your lot have ever posted a single positive thread about Britain. Apart from Arina — who posted a couple of positive threads about the British Monarchy and the Royal Wedding.
> So — look who is talking — you only posted negativity re the West and Ukraine, nothing positive whatsoever.
>
quoted1
Well, I had a thread about Ukrainian economy. I even tried to stay postive. Nobody was interested in it)

Anyway, the problem is you can make several really positive and interesting threads about Russa, but just a few insults from other members of your group will nullify your attempts.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
22:01 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> My husband and workmates gave up hope already — I mean gave up on waiting for England to win the Football Championship even before it started. The national team is weak.
quoted1
Well, they have better chances than Team Russia by far
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:02 14.06.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> This is funny acticle) thnx
>
quoted1
Funny? It's a nice article believe me, there's been tons that were much much worse. The article just illustrates how an informed Englishman/person — perceives Russia from here. To be honest — I have been living here for so long, that I probably fall into that category myself, which is what people here on the forum don't understand. They talk to me as if I am a Russian, living there and assume I should perceive things as they do — and I just don't. Sometimes it is very funny and a bit exotic for me, other times — unpleasant. But overall — what I discovered for myself on this forum — I am a very different person from them — I am not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing — it is just the truth.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:04 14.06.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> I'm not that much into politics as I was a year or two ago. All I do is post funny pictures from twitter. And about Russian local authorities too.
quoted1

You do? About Russian local authorities as well? Wow. Come on now, admit it — this is a very rare occasion.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
22:08 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Funny? It's a nice article believe me, there's been tons that were much much worse. The article just illustrates how an informed Englishman/person — perceives Russia from here. To be honest — I have been living here for so long, that I probably fall into that category myself, which is what people here on the forum don't understand. They talk to me as if I am a Russian, living there and assume I should perceive things as they do — and I just don't. Sometimes it is very funny and a bit exotic for me, other times — unpleasant. But overall — what I discovered for myself on this forum — I am a very different person from them — I am not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing — it is just the truth.
quoted1
It is interesting and funny at the same time because the author is kinda mocking Russia (slighlty).
We are all different people. Btw, just reading comments to these Katie Hopckins tweets I've realised Russians and Brits have a lot in common

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/10057363788...
https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/10057828734...

P. S. Sorry for my bad English. I'm in a hurry, don't have time to check my messages before posting them
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
22:09 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>> I'm not that much into politics as I was a year or two ago. All I do is post funny pictures from twitter. And about Russian local authorities too.
quoted2
>
> You do? About Russian local authorities as well? Wow. Come on now, admit it — this is a very rare occasion.
quoted1
I'd say it is 1/10. It's because that's how they appear in my twitter)
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:11 14.06.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> This is how you realised you were in the wrong company. Convention group and Glory to Ukraine group are doing pretty much the same when they talk about Russia. I never talked to Ebolasha about why he left Convention but I'm sure he did it because of the same reasons you left pro-Putin team. I always felt as if he loves Russia despite all his bitter comments about situation in Russia.
>
> As I've said above, Soloviev is hiring people to badmouth Russia publicly on Russian state TV. Your group is doing it for free. You act as an additional confirmation to what people hear on Russian state TV. That's how you promote Putin in Russia.
quoted1

Our group is not doing anything of the kind. We are just different from yourselves that's all. People like me, Sybill - she was born in Canada you know, had a Russian mother who passed away not so long ago and actually - managed to teach her kid to speak Russian, preserve the Russian culture in her family, goes to all the exhibitions/war memorials, etc. She has done much better than me in that sense and I have deep respect for her actually. It is not an easy feat to pull off when you live all your life in a totally different country you know.
We just say what we think and we are different. In Russia — the culture of the crowd prevails and they don't appreciate different. They try to stub it out. It comes from that «damaged» mentality I talked to you about before.
Ebolasha is different cause he writes music, and when I broke off the Kremlebot camp — he was the first one to support me. I really appreciated it at the time.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:12 14.06.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> P. S. Sorry for my bad English. I'm in a hurry, don't have time to check my messages before posting them
>
quoted1
Your English is the best on this forum (second after mine of course ). Your English is great and I really appreciate it, please don't put yourself down.
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:14 14.06.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
>> My husband and workmates gave up hope already — I mean gave up on waiting for England to win the Football Championship even before it started. The national team is weak.
quoted2
>Well, they have better chances than Team Russia by far
quoted1
I seriously doubt it. I think the chances are about the same. Honestly.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
22:15 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
>> P. S. Sorry for my bad English. I'm in a hurry, don't have time to check my messages before posting them
>>
quoted2
>Your English is the best on this forum (second after mine of course). Your English is great and I really appreciate it, please don't put yourself down.
quoted1
Well, a year ago It was taking ages to write in English. Now I do it faster thanks to goldenskate, but I make more mistakes.
My next goal is to wirte fast without mistakes (or with few mistakes).
Link Complain Quote  
  Redhead
Expat


Messages: 17247
22:16 14.06.2018
Grin (25771) wrote in reply to post:
> Katie Hopckins tweets I've realised Russians and Brits have a lot in common
quoted1

Katie Hopkins is a right wing nutter. She is a weird character, but on LBC — she is good. So is Farage. They just spice up the politics here.
Link Complain Quote  
  Grin
25771


Messages: 7412
22:18 14.06.2018
Redhead (Expat) wrote in reply to post:
> I seriously doubt it. I think the chances are about the same. Honestly.
quoted1
Oh, both teams have no chances than. Sad news.
Btw, I was really surprised to hear that Russia destroyed Saudi Arabia today (5:0). I was expecting draw.
Link Complain Quote  
Go to the first message← Previous page
Next page →Go to the last message

Return to the list of threads


Username
Thread:
B I U S cite spoiler
Message:(0/500)
More Emoticons
        
Forums
Main discussion
En/Ru discussion new
Russian forum
Users online
Translate the page
Figure skating, ballet, music etc 2. This is funny arcticle) thnx
.
© PolitForums.net 2019 | Our e-mail:
Mobile version